Rotary District 9650 Youth Marine Experience
District 9650 Youth Marine Experience - Residential Program for Year 10 & 11 students.
The Rotary Club of Coffs Harbour Daybreak inc. presents our annual District 9650 Youth Marine Experience for young people who are interested in marine studies and marine careers.
- This will include accommodation, all food, travel to various field trips and venues and also snorkelling if weather permits.
- A detailed program of activities will be provided to those who are selected to attend.
- Please note that the program is open to a limited number of participants and early applications are advised to avoid disappointment.
- Child Protection is a Rotary Policy and full supervision of the students will be provided by both male and female Rotarians at all times to ensure the safety and care of the students. All students must remain within the bounds of the program for the duration.
- The group will only take part in optional snorkelling under the control and discression of qualified Dive Masters from Jetty Dive Centre.
The program will be held with the support and participation from:
- Australian Marine Science Centre and Southern Cross University
- Solitary Island Marine Park Authority
- Jetty Dive Centre
- National Parks & Wildlife Service
- Solitary Islands Underwater Research Group
- Marine Rescue, Coffs Harbour
- Pet Porpoise Pool
The program aims to:
- Develop a special interest in marine biology and related sciences and technologies.
- Give hands on experience in dealing with marine animals and plants.
- Challenge students in an educational environment emphasising the necessity for diligence in study which will lead to rewarding careers.
- Introduce students to careers that they may not have considered.
- Show students the awesome diversity and incredible beauty of a fragile marine environment.
The experience will include the following:
- Snorkelling in Solitary Islands Marine Park
- Canoe & Bush Tucker tours of Bongil Bongil National Park
- Hands on tour of Pet Porpoise Pool
- Walking tour of Muttonbird Island
- Hands on laboratory work with National Marine Science Centre
- Guided tour of the Solitary Islands Aquarium
- All accommodation & meals.
To apply online visit: http://www.coffsharbourdaybreak.org/rymarine
or Download the application form below
Nominations will close on Friday 27 September 2013.
For more information contact:
President Deb Farquhar on 0428 656 660
- Photo Gallery
- About Daybreak
- Contact Us